The new and improved snickers bar is here! Dates are one of my favorite foods. Biting through that flaky, chewy skin into the juicy sweet center is oh so delicious- they’re nature’s candy! They taste just like caramel and I can’t see why someone wouldn’t like them.
Dates are a whole food and are a great source of fiber. They contain many nutrients all of which can help improve digestion, give you quick energy you may be lacking, and because of their high mineral content- they can improve bone health.
These “snickers” taste incredible and (in my opinion) taste just like an actual snickers bar but without all those highly processed ingredients including hydrogenated oils, corn syrup, and artificial flavorings. These require just 5 ingredients and I promise- you’ll LOVE them!
Yield: 8-9 date “snickers”
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon solidified coconut oil
- 1 cup of organic medjool dates, about 8 or 9 dates
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter, (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons of raw unsalted peanuts (I use Trader Joe’s)
- Sea salt for sprinkling (optional)
- In a double broiler or microwave, melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in a bowl. Heat and whisk until smooth consistency. Set aside.
- Carefully cut dates down the center without going all the way through and remove the pit if not pitted already.
- Using a butter knife, spread peanut butter evenly inside each date.
- Stuff each date with peanuts and line a large plate with parchment paper.
- Carefully dip each stuffed date in the melted chocolate using your fingers or a spoon until completely covered.
- Place each chocolate covered date onto the plate lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle each date with sea salt if desired.
- Set in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to harden.
- Serve and EAT.
- Keep stored in refrigerator for 2 weeks in airtight container.