Brace yourself! These cookies are so delicious and there is only 8 basic ingredients required! These will be your next go-to cookie recipe. They’re chewy on the inside, crisp on the edges and the chocolate chips add a rich, sweet flavor. Oh, and did I mention only one bowl is required- aka- easy clean up!
Yield: roughly 10-12 cookies
- 1 egg, pasture raised/and or organic, if possible
- 3/4 cup unsweetened and unsalted almond butter (I use this brand)
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, softened organic and pasture raised if possible
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, at least 50% cacao
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together egg, almond butter, softened butter, vanilla extract, coconut sugar, and cinnamon using a sturdy whisk or hand held electric mixer.
- Once mixed thoroughly, add chocolate chips to mixture and combine using a spatula.
- Using a cookie scoop spoon, or your hands, form into 10-12 balls and set onto baking sheet. *Be sure to leave enough space between each cookie as batter will start to spread out when being cooked.
- Once all dough is formed into balls and spread out evenly onto baking sheet, sprinkle each ball of dough with a pinch of sea salt.
- Place into oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, place onto a cooling rack until cool to touch, and serve!