Peanut butter and jelly. Such a classic combo. This was my go to sandwich growing up and it truly never got old. However, I think it’s time I needed an upgrade from my favorite childhood sandwich so here we have it- peanut butter and jelly french toast! These are crisp on the outside and creamy with sweet + savory goodness on the inside! What’s not to love about this delicious combo?!
Yield: 6 servings
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 slices of whole wheat bread
- 6 tablespoons natural no sugar/salt added peanut butter (I used this brand)
- 3 tablespoons of all natural no sugar added raspberry jam (I used this brand)
- 1-2 tablespoons solidified coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted whole peanuts, chopped (optional)
- handful of fresh raspberries (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, and sea salt. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, prep your sandwiches. Lay out slices of bread onto a large cutting board.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter onto each slice.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of raspberry jam on 3 of the slices.
- Put one slice of peanut butter and one slice of jam together to form a sandwich. Do this with each slice until you have formed 3 sandwiches.
- Add coconut oil to heated pan.
- Dip all sandwiches into egg mixture and place all sandwiches on the heated pan.
- Cook sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and cut sandwiches in half on a diagonal.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and fresh raspberries if desired.
- Serve and EAT!