I love eating oatmeal because it’s so versatile. It’s like a blank canvas and you can add just about anything to it for a delicious meal. These oatmeal “cups” are so moist and are a miniature version of your classic bowl of oatmeal. The ripe bananas give a sweet flavor, while the walnuts give a bit of crunchiness. These are perfect to make ahead for a healthy breakfast throughout the week or take on the go for a nutritious snack!
Yield: 14-15 cups
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup mashed banana, about 2 1/2 medium sized ripe bananas
- 1 egg, pasture raised/and or organic, if possible
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup unsalted whole walnuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F and place muffin liners into a muffin tin or grease a reusable silicone muffin pan.
- In a large bowl combine oats, coconut sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together almond milk, mashed bananas, egg, vanilla extract, and melted coconut oil.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir with a spatula until combined.
- Add chopped walnuts to mixture and stir again.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into each muffin liner.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes- until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from heat, let cool, and serve.
- If there are leftovers, keep stored in the refrigerator for 1 week.