Nuts are super underrated however they are a great source of plant based protein, healthy fats, and I love how you can add them to pretty much anything for a crunchy texture. These nuts are sweetened with maple syrup and have a little spicy kick to them from the paprika and cayenne that give a great sweet and spicy flavor! They’re quite addicting and can be eaten alone or tossed into a salad.
Yield: 1 3/4 cups
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted pistachios
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In medium sized bowl, add almonds, pistachios, cashews, maple syrup, paprika, cayenne, salt and mix all together.
- Pour mixture onto baking sheet and spread evenly into one layer using a spatula.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Take out of oven and stir nuts around with a spatula.
- Place back in the oven for another 5-7 minutes until nuts are sticky and roasted.
- Let cool for 10 minutes and store an in airtight container for 2 weeks.