I love enjoying a warm piece of toast, especially in the morning with my eggs. There’s something about the warm crunchiness of the first bite that keeps me going for more! Anything goes well with toast whether it’s eggs, avocado, or just plain old butter- it’s just delicious!
Here I have tomatoes that were roasted in avocado oil, Italian seasoning, and a little bit of salt and pepper that give this toast so much flavor. I also added some feta cheese that gets slightly melted from the warmth of the tomatoes. SO GOOD!
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or olive)
- Italian seasoning
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablepsoons of feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of butter (preferably ghee or grass fed)
- 2 slices of your favorite bread (mine is sourdough!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse tomatoes and pat dry.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place tomatoes on top.
- Spray or coat tomatoes in oil and sprinkle Italian seasoning all over. Then add salt and pepper.
- Cook in oven for about 10-15 minutes or until tomatoes look “blistered”.
- In the meantime, toast bread and spread with butter.
- Once the tomatoes are finished cooking, place them onto the toast, sprinkle feta cheese on top, and EAT!
- Hope you enjoy 🙂