Well it’s that time of year again—everything pumpkin spice! This is the perfect recipe for one or two servings. I usually cook for myself and hate wasting food so I am always looking to make small batches of food that way I know I will be able to eat it all! These a simply flavored with maple syrup and taste just like fall from the pumpkin spice. I topped mine with coconut chips, pumpkin seeds, more manly syrup, and a sprinkle of cinnamon however nut butter, fresh fruit, or any other types of nuts/seeds would work here!
Yield: about 3-4 pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/3 cup oats (I used bobs red mill gluten free)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of sea salt
- Whisk together eggs, pumpkin puree, and maple syrup into a medium sized bowl.
- Then add oats, pumpkin pie spice, and sea salt to the bowl. Stir all together with a spatula until combined. (The batter should be on the thicker side but still a little runny)
- Bring a pan to medium low heat and spray or coat with coconut oil.
- Pour a small amount of batter onto the heated pan.
- Let cook for 3-5 minutes on both sides or until golden brown. When the batter starts to bubble or the sides begin to harden, you’ll know it’s time to flip.
- Top with your desired toppings of choice and serve!