I love caprese salad and avocado so I thought– why not put the two together?! These are SO good it was hard not to eat all of them. These just require a couple of ingredients and 15 minutes to make! There is no cooking, baking, or anything of that nature required so easy clean up too!! Perfect for a snack or something to add to your everyday lunch.
- 2 ripe avocados (4 halves)
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 ball of mozzarella cheese or 1/2 cup chopped (I used Belgioioso brand)
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-3 fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- balsamic glaze drizzle
- Chop up the tomatoes and cheese. Place into a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Use a garlic mincer to mince garlic clove(s) or mince using a chef’s knife. Set aside.
- Place basil leaves into a stack and gently roll the leaves into a cigar shape. Slice the “roll” into thin ribbons all the way down.
- Add minced garlic, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix all ingredients with a spoon until combined.
- Cut each avocado in half so that you have 4 halves. Take out the avocado seeds with the knife and gently peel the skin off the avocado.
- Stuff the avocado pits with the caprese.
- Drizzle with a balsamic glaze and serve!