I love recipes that contain a variety of ingredients that you can just throw together into a bowl and ends up tasting delicious. Well, this is one of them. This spicy dish can be served as a side or a main dish. It is the perfect recipe for your next Meatless Monday!
Quinoa is a complete protein and a good source of fiber, calcium, and omega 3’s! All amazing nutrients that are essential for a healthy diet.
If you are not a big fan of spiciness- omit the chopped jalapeño
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup bone broth (or low sodium vegetable broth)
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 bell pepper (any color)
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 corn on the cob
- 1 jalapeño- optional
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 limes (juiced)
- cilantro- about 1 tablespoon chopped
- Place quinoa, broth, water, cumin, and chili powder into a pot. Stir and bring to a boil.
- While you’re waiting, chop bell pepper, onion, and jalapeño. Slice tomatoes in halves and cut kernels off of the cob.
- Once quinoa is brought to a boil, turn heat down to low and let it simmer until all liquid has been absorbed.
- In the meantime, sauté bell pepper, onion, jalapeño (if using), and corn in olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until veggies look translucent- about 5 minutes.
- Once quinoa has absorbed all liquid, pour into a large bowl. Add all veggies, beans, lime juice, and cilantro to the bowl. Mix well using a spoon.
- Serve warm or chilled.