When I first began making these, I was originally going for a healthier version of a Snickers bar. I gave one to my dad and asked, “What does this remind you of?” He said a donut hole so my mission was not completely accomplished, however I am happy to hear this healthier dessert option can remind you of eating a donut! These bliss balls are fill with just 6 ingredients and so tasty! I promise even the little ones will like them too!
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips, at least 60% cacao (the higher the better)
- Coarse sea salt
- Soak dates in warm water for 5 minutes.
- Add cashews to a food processor and chop. I like bigger chunks, so I did this for about 8-10 seconds.
- Place chopped cashews into a bowl and set aside.
- Add soaked dates, almond butter, and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to food processor and blend until fully combined. It should look like a paste consistency.
- Add cashews back into the food processor and blend with the “paste” until everything is fully combined.
- Form “dough” into balls. I like using a cookie dough drop spoon (less messy and so much easier!) however if you do not have one, use your hands to roll into balls. I was able to make 10 balls.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave for about 1 minute. Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to the chocolate and mix well with a spoon.
- Dip each ball half way into the chocolate and place onto a plate with parchment paper.
- Once each one has been dipped into the chocolate, sprinkle some sea salt onto each one.
- Place into the fridge for an hour or so or until the chocolate has hardened.
- Keep these stored in the fridge for about a week.
- Enjoy! 🙂