I love donuts! I mean who doesn’t?! Growing up, my dad used to sneak chocolate donuts in the house from my mom and my brothers and I always looked forward to eating them for a late night snack.
I’ve been craving donuts for awhile now and decided it was time to whip up a batch. However, these donuts are full of nutrient dense ingredients and lightly sweetened with maple syrup! I even added cardamon for some extra flavor! The texture is ON POINT and they’re also gluten free!
So yes, what I’m saying is that you can enjoy a donut every day this week using this recipe. Enjoy with your morning coffee or for an afternoon snack.
*Note: I detect sweetness very easily so if you want more sweetness add 1-2 TB more of maple syrup but I love them just the way they are!
So let’s get to the recipe. Shall we?
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease 2 donut pans with coconut oil. Make sure you do this really well so donuts will come out easily after baking. Place to the side.
- In a bowl, place all dry ingredients and mix together. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk all wet ingredients.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture and combine both mixtures with a spoon or spatula.
- Carefully pour the batter into each donut hole and place blueberries on top or push some down to the bottom of the tin. Add as many as you’d like!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes, serve, and enjoy! 🙂